The Group in Society meets the challenges of teaching courses on small groups by revealing the full complexity of small groups and their place in society. It shows students the value of learning how to carefully study a group′s history and context, rather than merely learning a fixed set of group participation skills. This text brings together disparate theories and research (from communication, social psychology, organizational and managerial studies, and sociology) in a way that helps students make sense of a complex body of scholarship on groups.
Features & Benefits
- Part I – Theorizing Groups: builds a strong theoretical foundation, exploring social theory and the group, forming and joining groups, the life and death of the group, and changing society through group life
- Part II – Understanding Groups in Context: explores the histories, purposes, memberships of a variety of groups―including juries, families, executive committees, study groups, and political action groups―thus enabling the student reader to speak clearly about group formation, norms, roles, tasks, and relationships. Detailed end-of-chapter case studies explicitly connect with the concepts, theories, and empirical findings introduced in each respective chapter; examples include the powerful group bonds of the modern terrorist cell; the wired network of groups in the anti-Globalization movement; and the deliberation of a jury in a murder trial
Teaching & Learning Ancillaries
- Teaching resources are available at http://groupinsociety.la.psu.edu/ and include chapter summaries, discussion questions, and practical applications; a sample course schedule; Embedded Systems Framework PowerPoint slides; group project assignments, group project worksheets, and a group project description and contract; and links to useful Web resources such as small group teaching resources and active wikis on small groups.
- An open-access student study site at www.sagepub.com/gastilstudy features e-flashcards, practice quizzes, and other resources to help students enhance their comprehension and improve their grade.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Livre de Reliure: Paperback
- Marque: Brand: SAGE Publications, Inc
- Catégories: Book
- Editeur: SAGE Publications, Inc
- Date de sortie: 2009-07-07
- Édition: 1
- Date de publication: 2009-07-07
- ISBN: 1412924685
- Broché: 328 pages
Télécharger le Livre The Group in Society en Format PDF,The Group in Society Télécharger Gratuitement le Livre en Format PDF,The Group in Society PDF Télécharger Ebook gratuit Livre France (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE),The Group in Society Télécharger PDF e EPUB - EpuBook,The Group in Society Download eBook PDF e Epub, Livre eBook France,The Group in Society Télécharger PDF,Télécharger The Group in Society Ebook Livre Gratuit - décharger - pdf, epub, Kindle mobi,Lire En Ligne The Group in Society Livre par [AUTHOR],Télécharger The Group in Society PDF Fichier,Gratuit Pour Lire The Group in Society Ebook En Ligne,The Group in Society Lire ePub En Ligne et Téléchargement,The Group in Society Télécharger pdf,The Group in Society Telecharger PDF e EPUB,The Group in Society Télécharger PDF gratuit Livre (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)